To all Property Owners
In the Rivendale by the Lake and Rivendale Pointe Subdivisions
All construction inside these subdivisions are the responsibility of DR Horton. All complaints about construction or concerns, should be forwarded to DR Horton and Denton County. Any damage to your property by sub-contractors should be forwarded to:
DR Horton – DFW East Division
4306 Miller Road
Rowlett, TX 75088
The City of Hackberry provides the water, sewer and sanitation service and is not responsible for any of the construction process on private property inside these subdivisions.
HIDDEN COVE, THE SHORES & RIVENDALE BY THE LAKE GENERAL INFORMATION
Let us take this opportunity to welcome you to the area. You may have moved from a larger city and will therefore experience the benefits as well as short comings of living in a smaller community. You should FIRST BE AWARE that you have a Frisco mailing address, but do not live in the City of Frisco. You live within a Fresh Water District in Denton County. The City of Hackberry provides your area with water/sewer/sanitation service ONLY.. Your fire protection is provided by the Frisco Fire Department. Your police protection is provided by Denton County, sometimes assisted by Little Elm and/or Frisco. Depending upon your actual location, you most likely live within the Little Elm School District. The postal service for this area is sometimes less than adequate, and the City of Hackberry has no control or influence over the U.S. Postal Service.
Hopefully, the following information will assist you in understanding the costs and services provided by the City of Hackberry.
1. * DEPOSITS: Water: $110.00 / Sewer: $70.00 / Garbage: $20.00 = $ 200.00 Total.
2. Your water/sewer/garbage deposit is held until your account is closed. This policy is set by the Hackberry City Council.
3. The $200.00 deposit covers two months average water usage/bill.
4. The water connection fee of $25.00 is a small non-refundable charge for setting up your account.
5. There is a $35.00 fee for NSF/returned checks.
6. Water meters are read between the 18th and 20th of each month.
7. Payment is due the 15th of each month. After the 15th, a 10% late fee is charged to your account.
8. Payments must be received at Hackberry City Hall by the 25th of each month. Service will be disconnected the 26th of the month for unpaid accounts. A courtesy notice is mailed to you on the 16th of the month. There is a $50.00 reconnect fee if your service is disconnected for nonpayment. Cutoff of service for unpaid bills begins at 1:00 p.m. on the 26th.
9. Should the City disconnect your service for non-payment, it is unlawful to tamper with your meter, cut a lock and reconnect your service. This is considered tampering with a public water supply and is a violation of City and State law. Should this occur, the City will pull your water meter, notify Denton County Sheriff’s Office and charges will be filed with the District Attorney. This also activates the requirement for the deposit to be doubled.
10. You should receive your water bill between the 1st and 5th of the month. You are responsible for payment of your bill whether you receive it or not. If you do not receive a bill, you may contact the Hackberry Water Department at 972-292-3223. The City of Hackberry is not responsible for the U.S. Postal Service.
11. Water, sewer, and garbage rates are set by the Hackberry City Council based on numerous issues such as: rate studies, costs, and bond payments, to name a few. Our rates are also reviewed by the Texas Water Development Board to insure they are adequate to service the debt against the systems.
12. An average monthly bill (Your water bill will never be less than below.):
nbsp; 38.95 (Water – 3,000 gallons or less)
nbsp; 43.00 (Sewer)
nbsp; 15.25 (Solid Waste/Trash Service –tax included)
nbsp; 5.00 (District Fee)
$102.20 (Total Average Monthly Bill –3,000 gallons of water or less)
13. Water usage of 3,001 to 10,000 gallons is charged at $2.91 per 1,000 gallons used and the rate increases again after 10,001 gallons.( see Contact Us/ General Info/ Water Rates)
14. Sanitation/Trash pickup is every Wednesday, except when there is a holiday and the pickup is moved to Thursday. Trash must be out by 7:00 a.m. but may not be actually collected until much later in the day.
Bulk pickup service is Every Wednesday. DO NOT PUT BULK TRASH OUT BEFORE 7 pm ON TUESDAY THE NIGHT BEFORE OR YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO A CITATION FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING! You are allowed up to 2 cubic yards of bulk trash. NO COMMERCIAL BULK TRASH WILL BE PICKED UP. You no longer need to contact the City for bulk trash pick up.
For the convenience of many who have asked, WE NOW HAVE RECYCLING (blue carts).. Recycling is every other Wednesday beginning October 9, 2013.
The City contracts with CWD. All complaints should be forwarded to CWD at 972-392-9300
Opt 2 or visit CWD.
**We recommend that you put your address inside your trash cart for identification purposes.**
If you need further information, please feel free to give us a call or come by City Hall and we will be happy to assist you.
City of Hackberry
Mayor, Council, and Staff
Remodel (City residents only) Commercial/Residential Fees
Total Valuation Fees
$1.00 to $500.00 $30.00
$501 to $2,000 $30.00 for the first $500 plus $3.05 for each additional $100, or fraction thereof, to and including $2,000.
$2001 to $25,000 $69.25 for the first $2,000 plus $14.00 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $25,000.
$25,001 to $50,000 $391.75 for the first $25,000 plus $10.10 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $50,000.
$50,001 to $100,000 $643.75 for the first $50,000 plus $7.00 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $100,000.
$100,001 to $500,000 $993.73 for the first $100,000 plus $5.60 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $500,000.
$500,001 to $1,000.000 $3,233.75 for the first $500,000 plus $4.75 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $1,000,000.
$1,000,001 & UP $5,608.75 for the first $1,000,000 plus $3.65 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof.
Energy Code $300.00
Plan Exam Fee of 65% of Building Permit Fee to be paid at the submittal of documents for plan review.
Re-inspection Fees - $47.00 - An additional 10% after the 2nd red tag.
New Roof Fees
1. Replacing a roof and the repair of more than 50% of a roof requires a permit. See the “Remodeling Fee Schedule.”
Work Exempt From Permit Fee/Permit Required w/out Fee
1. Detached accessory buildings used as tool and storage sheds.
2. Playhouse and similar uses provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet.
3. Fences not over 6 feet high.
Irrigation Installation Fees
1. See the “Remodeling Fee Schedule.”
1. With Curb Cut - $100.00
2. With Culvert - $200.00
3. Inspection Fee - $35.00 and $42.00 per re-inspection
Elevation and Drainage Fees
1. Elevation / Drainage Fee (Includes initial and final inspection) - $275.00
(a) Each additional inspection - $35.00
1. Demolition (includes initial and final inspection - $200.00
(a) Each additional inspection - $50.00
Flat Work/Driveway Foundation Fees
1. Driveway not tying into city street - $30.00
2. Driveway tying into city street – See Paving Fees
3. Flat Work (patio, basketball court, etc. – no electrical/plumbing. - $30.00
4. Foundations (except mobile home) – No Fee (Included in building permit)
5. Mobile Home Foundation – Inspection Fee - $75.00
Re-inspect Fee - $40.00 plus 10% for each additional inspection
Certificate of Occupancy (CofO) Inspection Fees
1. Certificate of Occupancy - $50.00
2. Re-inspect for C of O - $35.00
3. Commercial Units require annual inspections - $25.00 annually after the initial inspection.
Summary of the Water Management Plan
Water Efficiency Plan:
This plan was adopted to reduce the annual waste of water, and in accordance with the North Texas Municipal Water District regulations. The following outdoor water requirements are enforced year-round.
No watering of non-landscaped surfaces like streets, parking lots, alleys, and driveways.
No watering during precipitation or at temperatures below 40F.
No water runoff flowing away from property.
Outdoor watering is prohibited from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm daily.
Hand-held hoses, soaker hoses, and drip/bubbler systems are permitted at anytime.
Home car-washing is permitted at anytime with the use of a shut-off nozzle.
Normal use and maintenance of swimming pools are permitted.
New landscaping during Drought Stages 2 & 3 requires city approval for a 30-day watering day exemption.
UNDER STAGE 4 DROUGHT CONDITIONS NO WATERING IS ALLOWED!
Hidden Cove/The Shores / The Enclave Rivendale by The Lake
Homeowners’ Irrigation Systems
The following information is provided to assist you in calculating your water usage. The data was provided by the builders and developer of your area.
There are 6 to 7 irrigation zones per house.
One zone sprays approximately 12-15 gallons per minute.
Most systems are set for 10 minutes per zone, per day at 3 days a week.
7 zones X 15 gallons = 105 gallons per minute
105 gallons per minute at 10 minutes per day = 1,050 gallons per day
1,050 gallons per day at 3 days per week = 3,150 gallons per week
3,150 gallons per week at 4 weeks per billing period = 12,600 gallons per month for irrigation only
NTMWD to Ease Watering Restrictions Effective May 1st 2015
Keep the sprinklers off and use the manual mode to irrigate, only if needed!
Hidden Cove and The Shores at Hidden Cove
residents can water on Tuesday and Friday,
only if needed!
No outdoor watering between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The City of Hackberry, Morris Terrace, Snug Harbor,
Flanagan Circle and Rivendale residents
can water on Wednesday and Saturdays,
only if needed!
No outdoor watering between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
1st Violation $25, 2nd Violation $50, 3rd Violation $100.
Subsequent Violations $100 and/or citation issued.
RESIDENTIAL TRASH, RECYCLING & BRUSH/BULK SERVICE
The City contracts with CWD for residential trash, brush/bulk and recycling service. Trash and bulk is picked up every Wednesday, except when there is a holiday. CWD observes New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Please visit www.CWD.to for the latest holiday service schedule. Recycling is picked up every other week. Curbside bulk and brush is collected every week with a maximum of 2 cubic yards per week. Prohibited items are commercial construction or remodeling debris, household hazardous waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.) tires, batteries and propane tanks.
Holiday Schedules may be changed at CWD's discretion.
All complaints and trash concerns must be made to CWD.
COMMUNITY WASTE DISPOSAL
2010 CALIFORNIA CROSSING
Dallas, Texas 75220-2310 972-392-9300 or 817-795-9300
Be aware that the City of Frisco has changed from CWD to Progressive.
This in no way effects Hidden Cove, The Shores at Hidden Cove, The Enclave at Hidden Cove or City of Hackberry residents.
(note: any questions about any information on this website contact The City of Hackberry at 972-292-3223) This information is the most current as of 10/2017