Commercial New Construction
Total Valuation Fees
$1.00 to $500.00 $23.50
$501.00 to $2,000.00 $23.50 for the first $500 plus $3.05 for each additional $100, or fraction thereof, to and including $2,000.
$2,001.00 to $25,000.00 $69.25 for the first $2,000 plus $14.00 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to an including $25,000.
$25,001.00 to $50,000.00 $391.75 for the first $25,000 plus $10.10 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $50,000.
$50,001.00 to $100,000.00 $643.75 for the first $50,000 plus $7.00 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $100,000.
$100,001.00 to 500,000.00 $993.73 for the first $100,000 plus $5.60 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $500,000.
$500,001.00 to $1,000,000.00 $3,233.75 for the first $500,000 plus $4.75 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof, to and including $1,000,000.
$1,000,001.00 & up $5,608.75 for the first $1,000,00 plus $3.65 for each additional $1,000, or fraction thereof .
Energy Code $300.00
Plan Exam Fee of 65% of Building Permit Fee to be paid at the submittal of documents for plan review.
Re-inspection Fees - $47.00 - An additional 10% after the 2nd red tag.
Contractor Registration Fees
1. Initial Contractor Registration and Identification Cards - $50.00
2. Annual Renewal of Registration - $10.00
*Note: Required Registration and ID Cards - General, Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC.
Business Related Fees
1. Alcoholic Beverages Selling and/or Serving:
(a) One-half (1/2) of the fee charged by the State of Texas as provided for and by the state law.
(b) Fee is due by the 15th day of January – annually.
Food Service Permit Fees (Annual Registration and Inspection)
1. Food Service Establishments - $150.00 per separate and distinct facility and operation whether situated in the same building or a separate location.
2. Grocery - $250.00
3. Restaurant/Club (New Application & Annual Inspection) - $250.00
4. Temporary/Seasonal Food Service Establishments - $150.00
5. Food Sales at Temporary Event
Fee - $150.00
6. Convenience Store with a Deli (Annual Inspection) Fee - $200.00
7. Convenience Store without a Deli (Annual Inspection)
Fee - $175.00
8. Re-inspection – One-half (1/2) the Health Inspector’s fee
Temporary Vending Permit Fees
1. Non-stationary/Roaming Vendor
Fee - $20.00
Non-stationary/Roaming Vendor –
A vendor that does not conduct business from one specific tract of land
(one address) but travels throughout the city selling their goods (example: ice cream vendor).
2. Stationary Vendor
Fee - $30.00
Stationary Vendor –
A vendor that conducts business from one specific tract of land (one address).
3. Garage/yard sales
are exempt. $0.00
Vending as it relates to food and/or drink – The sale of undisturbed, factory pre-packaged food and/or drink items.
*Note: Vendors serving food and/or drink that do not meet the above description, please see “Food Service Permit.”
(note: any questions about any information on this website contact The City of Hackberry at 972-292-3223) This information is the most current as of 2/2018